Good Beer Week 2013 starts in just 11 days and the papal precinct can’t wait to get stuck in.
The 2012 papal event was beer versus wine as the Bishop took on the Pope. This year, it’s the turn of the Mornington Peninsula’s original brewery, Red Hill, where owners Karen & David Golding go head to head in a Woman vs Man battle of the best beers matched with a five course menu created by Chef Matt Wilkinson. This epic battle is on 22 May 2013 from 7pm till victory at Pope Joan – you can book here.
Karen will join forces with the Beer Diva, Kirrily Waldhorn, to compete with David and Matt to find the best beer match for each course, featuring the best of the Red Hill lineup and a selection drawn from all over the world.
OK how good is this menu?
- garlic snail croquette
- anchovy toasts
- Phony balony, pickled green tomatoes, almond milk bread
- smoked plate, eel, beetroot relish, labne
- pine mushrooms, pancetta, pinenuts & spinch cream
- slow roasted pork rack
- crab apple, black pudding & pearl onions
- chestnut, brussels sprouts & smoked maple
- skordalia, cauliflower & white anchovies
- Warm sweetened oats, salted caramel ice cream, white chocolate, rhubarb
- Whipped blue cheese on toast, Melbourne Roof Top honey